Occasionally, we may need to close the school at short notice. This will commonly happen in the event of bad weather such as snow or very heavy rain but may be because of some other unforeseen event. Whilst we will always do our best to keep the school open, sometimes, closing for a short period is the right decision to ensure the safety of students, staff and parents.
Whenever we need to close the school, we will always try to inform you as early as possible. Where possible, this will be the day before the closure at the latest but it may be that we are caught out by the weather and take a decision to close the school early in the morning. We will always endeavour to make a decision before 7.30am in the morning.
We will inform you of the decision to close the school in the following ways
- A text message and/or email
- A message on the homepage of our website
- A message on the Cumbria County Council website
- A message on local radio stations
- A message on the website of local newspapers such as The Westmorland Gazette or the North West Evening Mail
+44 (0)15394 40810
The Lakes School
Get In Touch
We would love to hear from you!