The dining area at The Lakes School is a bright, vibrant and modern facility, which is very much the hub for students during their social time.
The quick café service enables you to purchase a range of quick snacks to more substantial meals, all at sensible prices.
The school has a thumbprint recognition system, which helps you gain bonuses and rewards for eating healthily.
The large screen TV was installed in the dining area in response to requests by the students and shows BBC News all day so you can keep up with national and world events throughout the day.
We also use this TV for screening a variety of programmes that we want to show to a large audience.
To apply for free school meals for your child, please download and complete the attached form below.
We offer a support service for completing the form so please do not hesitate to contact us for help if you would like assistance.
As you may be aware, The Lakes School operates a cashless catering system for students wishing to buy items in the dining hall.
This system offers the following benefits:
- Increased speed of service reducing queuing times
- Anonymity on Free School Meals
- Facility to pay On-Line
- No need to carry cash preventing loss or theft
- Automatic alerts to stop pupils purchasing allergy trigger items
- Students learn about important lifestyle control by monitoring their own accountsThe Department of Education has recently brought in new legislation regarding the use of biometrics in schools. From 1st September 2013, the new legislation states that we must have written permission from a parent/guardian to allow your child to use the biometric facility on the cashless catering system currently being used in the school.The system used in school incorporates the latest technology and please note that fingerprints are not held on any part of the system. The technology provided for this method of identification meets with BECTA guidelines.
If you choose not to have your child registered on the biometric system a 4 digit PIN code will be allocated. Please note that PIN codes do not have the same level of security and it will be your child’s responsibility to remember the code and keep it secure at all times.Once we have received your consent, your child will be able registered biometrically on the cashless catering system on the first day of next term and will then be able to purchase food and drink in the school’s dining room.If you have any further question about our cashless catering system, please do not hesitate to contact me. Otherwise, could you please complete the form attached to this letter and return it me.